A properly-designed website helps users develop confidence and credibility, as well as makes it easier for users to access and interact with the information and resources they require. A poorly designed website, on the other hand, might make a brand or business appear amateurish and prevent people from interacting with the website.
Investing in a high-quality, aesthetically pleasing website design can be an important part of building and maintaining a successful brand or business. By working with a branding agency or web design agency, you can create a website that effectively represents your brand and helps you achieve your goals.
If you are looking to improve your website in the next few weeks, here are 8 website improvement ideas that will help you improve your brand, increase sales, and increase customer loyalty.
1. Style Guide
A style guide is a document that outlines the design elements and standards that should be used on your websites, such as the font, color scheme, and tone of voice. By creating a style guide and consistently applying its standards to your website, you can ensure that your website has a consistent and professional appearance.
A good style guide should include:
- Color scheme.
- company logo and how to use it.
- The primary fonts (stick to two).
- How to Put Images on Website Pages.
- How to Avoid Using Images on Website Pages.
- Layouts of buttons.
- Layouts of form fields.
- Page designs.
The importance of a style guide cannot be overstated. A style guide is the most important thing when it comes to web design and branding. A style guide is your bible, but more than just a place for all of your information, it’s where you can make changes quickly. Creative agencies can help you with that.
2. Test the functionality of your website
Testing the functionality of your website is an important part of optimizing and improving its design. A functional, efficient website is also one of the core building blocks when it comes to SEO. By regularly testing the buttons, forms, and internal links on your website, you can ensure that they are working properly and that users can easily interact with them.
Here are a few tips for testing the functionality of your website:
- Use testing tools
- Test on different devices
- Test the user experience
Overall, regular testing of your website’s functionality is an important part of optimizing and improving its design. By using testing tools and testing the user experience, you can identify and fix any issues that may be impacting the performance of your website.
3. White Spaces
White space is simply the area of a website that does not contain any content. It is a crucial part of creating a beautiful, organized, and well-functioning design.
It is important to improve web design. So many businesses feel it’s necessary to cram information into every corner of a page — and that’s choosing to drive visitors away by showing them too much.
White space can bring order and balance to your page designs. When you use white space on your web pages, you’re allowing your site visitors to focus on the content instead of being overwhelmed by visual elements like images and text.
White space allows for easy readability, which makes it ideal for online reading and focusing on important information. It also decreases bounce rates, increases conversions, and improves overall user satisfaction.
4. Page Speed
Consider the following website improvement ideas to boost your site’s page speed:
- Image and GIF compression.
- Avoid using large, complex animations.
- Also, getting a handle on your website’s code can go a long way.
These are just a few suggestions for increasing the page speed of your website. If you’re looking for a more in-depth methodology on how to improve page speed, check out our previous blog post that details How to Increase Website Speed – You can also hire a web design agency if you need assistance implementing them.
5. Be Mobile- Friendly
No matter what platform your business is available on, you need to make sure that your website is mobile-friendly. As more people access the internet from their phones, you need to make sure that your content and look are consistent across all devices. That way, people can find what they’re looking for quickly and easily — no matter which device they’re using.
Mobile users will soon account for a majority of all web traffic, but you need to make sure that your website is easy to use on smartphones. A mobile-friendly site can boost sales by making it easier for visitors to get the information they need—and convert more prospects into customers whether they’re in a car, on a trip somewhere, or sitting at their desks.
6. Use Proper Formatting
You know the importance of having well-formatted content. You know you should have subheadings and headers, and use bold text for links. But did you know there is a crucial difference between this and properly formatted headings?
Headings, subheadings, and bold text are all elements that are important to content formatting. They are necessary for giving the reader the format they want and deserve.
When you take the time to format your content correctly and make proper use of headings, it’ll make it easier for users to consume your content.
And that means more time reading, and less time searching!
Graphics can help make your website more visually appealing, engaging, and easy to understand. They can also help break up large blocks of text and make your website more interesting and engaging for users.
Here are a few tips for using graphics to optimize and improve your website’s design:
- Use high-quality images: High-quality images can help make your website look more professional and polished. Use images that are clear and in focus, and avoid using pixelated or low-resolution images.
- Use relevant graphics: The graphics you use on your website should be relevant to the content and the overall theme of your website. Avoid using generic or irrelevant graphics that don’t add value to your website.
- Use graphic design elements to create a cohesive look: Graphic design elements, such as colors, fonts, and layout, can help create a cohesive look and feel for your website. Use a consistent color scheme and font throughout your website, and consider using design elements, such as lines, shapes, and textures, to create a cohesive look.
Using attractive calls to action is a great way to optimize and improve the design of your website. A call to action (CTA) is a button or link that encourages users to take a specific action, such as subscribing to a newsletter or making a purchase. By making your CTAs visually appealing and easy to find, you can increase the likelihood that users will interact with them.
Here are a few tips for creating effective calls to action on your website:
- Make them stand out: Your CTAs should be easy to spot and should not blend in with the rest of the page. Consider using a contrasting color or a larger font size to make them stand out.
- Keep them concise: Your CTAs should be clear and concise, with a clear action verb and a sense of urgency. Avoid using long, complicated sentences that may confuse or overwhelm users.
- Use persuasive language: Your CTAs should be written in a way that persuades users to take action. Consider using words and phrases that create a sense of urgency, such as “Act now” or “Limited time offer”.
- Place them strategically: Your CTAs should be placed in locations on your website where they are most likely to be seen and clicked on by users. This might include above the fold on your homepage, in the navigation menu, or at the bottom of blog posts.
Overall, using attractive calls to action can help improve the design of your website and encourage users to take the desired action. By following the tips above, you can create effective CTAs that drive conversions and boost the success of your website.
Overall, optimizing and improving the design of your website can help improve the user experience and increase the likelihood that users will take the desired action on your website. By following the tips above, you can create a website that is visually appealing, easy to navigate, and effective at achieving your goals.
Written by: Brijesh Jakharia co-founded SPINX Digital in 2005 and takes great pride in crafting web and mobile marketing solutions for mid-market businesses to enterprises. Marketing is his passion, and the thrill to build a brand from the ground up has helped him craft successful brand stories for world-class clients. While not at work, he loves to spend his time on research and reading digital content stories.